Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Totally out of the running

Saturday morning Nick woke up and somehow found his way to my bedroom.  He woke me up by saying, in a panicked voice, "I can't open my eyes!!"  His eyes were completely crusted shut.  He woke up the same way the next morning also. 

Then in the afternoon Sunday Nick took a nap on the couch and woke up screaming about his cheek hurting.  He put an ice pack on his cheek and cried/screamed for an hour.  We decided it might be something worth checking out, even though I have a general rule that I don't go to urgent care on the weekends.  When the kids are doing something dangerous, I don't go on weekdays or evenings either.   

Eddie rushed him to urgent care and he was diagnosed with a severe ear infection and an eye infection.  Poor thing.

I stayed home with Nick yesterday, which turned out perfect because my babysitter called in sick also and then at 9:30 I got a call from Jordan's school that he was throwing up. 

TODAY...Nick looks much better and feels better, so off to school with him.  Jordan threw up last night so I left him at home for the day.  But Katie woke up with the skin around her eyes looking rather pinkish.  She didn't have a crusty eye though.  I didn't know if she had hit her eye yesterday and it was a bruise or what.  So I took her to the babysitters and asked her opinion and let her make the decision to take Katie or not.  She, lovingly, let her stay. 

Now I just got a text from the babysitter that says that Katie's eye seems to be getting worse.  I should have just stayed home with her.  I am such a bad mom.

I'm totally out of the running now for mother of the year. Oh well...maybe next year, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment