Sunday, May 15, 2011

Ghosts and strangers

While staying at my sisters house Jordan asked if he could take Nick to the park in the complex. It's not far from the apartment but this would still be a big responsibility for both of them.

I decided it would be a good opportunity to start to talk to Nick about strangers. I asked Nick if he knew what a stranger is. He said no, of couse, because mommy hasn't mentioned strangers to him before. Do I deserve mother of the year yet?

I explained to him that strangers are anyone he meets that he doesn't know and he should never talk to a stranger. He smartly responded with, "We shouldn't talk to ghosts either."

I'm not quite sure my message got across the way I wanted it to. So Jordan thought he would give it a try. Jordan said, "Nick, just think of all strangers as ghosts."  Then Nick did a little wiggle while saying "ooooooooh.  Oooooooooooooh"

I still don't think he understands anything about strangers, but if he ever meets a ghost he should be perfectly safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment